Monday, April 27, 2009

I GOT A LOT OF CHECKBOOKS. A WHOLE LOT OF CHECKBOOKS. : )

IF I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EVERY CHECK I WROTE, I'D HAVE ONE DOLLAR.


Check for O'Toole - $22,500 (LOC)

It is very hard for me to think of the most useless thing in my house. I hate clutter so much, I make it a point to be rid of useless things. Most of the things here have an inert value or sentimental value. There is my 1993 Volvo thats been dead for two years that sits in my driveway, and the soround sound system my dad got me for Christmas three years ago that never left the box. i got the cardboard box cases to my computers and computer monitors. An old 15 inch CRT monitor lies on my studio floor, waiting for me to actually go and get the graphics card to make it work as a second monitor. I got the composition books from fifteen to fourteen years ago with literally hundreds of gospel songs I wrote when I was a teenager and dreamed of gospel music stardom. I got my cousin's shoe and clothes and CD's and DVD's and Topps and UpperDeck Basketball trading cards from the 90'sin my garage. I got plastic cases filled with magazines I have read but have never re-read and plan to put on Ebay or Amazon one day and even more magazine I'm yet to read. I got two acoustic guitars I hardly ever pick up to use and a keyborad I hardly ever play except at Band Practise. I got a Canoe in the backyard our family got from a removal job our family business did years ago. Hasn't been polished or used yet. Just sitting there. So many unused useful things. I guess the most used thing as far as I'm concerned are the Plastic cases of comics I Restack every new comic book Day, (wed) or friday, and this here P/c I'm composing this prose on. So are my most used things my most 'useful'? I don't think so. Are my most unused things the mose useless? Definately not. I guess as with art, what is useful and useless lies in the eyes of the beholder.

But to answer the question, the most useless thingin my house would have to be my checkbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment